McDonald’s executive chef has finally revealed the secret behind the Big Mac’s delicious and curious flavour, a question which hamburger fans nationwide have pondered upon.
The secret to the sauce has been hidden in plain sight, you might say.
Dan Coudreaut conceded that the ingredients have been available at the restaurant and on the internet for many years, when Christine H. from Oshawa, Ontario, submitted the following question “What is in the sauce that is in the Big Mac?”
He demonstrated that anyone can conjure up the mystery sauce in their own kitchen.
All you need is store bought mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, classic yellow mustard, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
The paprika, Coudreaut said, “gives it a little flavour but it also helps to enhance the colour a little bit.”
Put those ingredients in a bowl and stir them together until you have before you the secret ingredient that has enabled the fast-food giant to serve billions and billions.
Combine the sauce with two all-beef patties, cheese, onions, lettuce, pickles, and the classic signature sesame-seed bun to enjoy your own home cooked Big Mac.
“With food it’s either contrasting flavours like sweet and sour or it’s contrasting flavours like tomato and basil. Here with the Big Mac sauce it’s contrasting flavours,” the New York Daily News quoted Coudreaut as saying.
- Phillip CFD Privileged Clients’ Night 2012 – Secret Trading Session with Mike Bellafiore
- Book Review: "The Secret Book of Frida Kahlo" by F.G. Haghenbeck
- Conquering Rust: Rusterizer Introduces Contractors' Secret to Effective and Safe Rust Removal Process
- Gayle’s Sweet ‘N’ Sassy Foods Sells Barbecue Sauce in Southern California …
- Healthy Ways To Eat Broccoli
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Google, McDonald's, Yum! Brands, Chuy's Holdings and Burger King Worldwide
- Good Food: Home grown